Monday, November 03, 2008

Official start of solo project

I've been wasting about a year now trying to get myself "up to speed" on a home studio upgrade. The idea is that with a home studio, I would be more productive with getting some original projects completed. I also spent a few extra bucks to get a "virtual drummer" program, in order to more easily facilitate progress.

Now, almost exactly 1 year since getting all the hardware up and running, I've got nothing to show for it. Not quite the plan, is it?

So, I am declaring an "official start date" for embarking upon my solo project, hoping that writing about progress (or lack thereof) will help continue to motivate me. This would also possibly provide a somewhat interesting journal of the process.

The "official start date" will be marked as January 1, 2009. I may start earlier, but this will at least give me a chance to clear outstanding projects off my desk and properly position myself to move forward. Should I start earlier, I will move the date up accordingly.

There is no expected "complete" date, but I would hope to be done within 1 year. I expect this will be a full instrumental project, with smooth jazz tendencies. I expect it to include guest musicians filling the guitar role, and some keyboard work. I also hope to have some guest percussion work, but will most likely end up using more "virtual drummer" for a majority of the drum work.

So, watch for that to kick off in about 8 weeks.

1 comment:

elidreamer said...

cool.... in the days and months to follow .....grow not weary, keep up the work, question everything, hold on to what you can . . .