Monday, January 05, 2009

Studio project Blog - part 1

A month or so back, I promised to start a solo studio project in 2009, and keep a running diary here. Well, here is part 1:

Tonight (January 5, 2009), I'm planning on installing the software upgrade for my Pro Tools LE system. I have the upgrade to version 8, and it involves an uninstall of the previous version. This sort of upgrade is certainly ripe for various troubles, so I'm skeptical about the success. But, I want to get the upgrade completed first, prior to starting any new recording. I got the upgrade a few week back, but a combination of a head/chest cold and the holidays have conspired against me.

So, tonight (or within the next couple days), I will be installing the upgrade.

The next post will be a report on how that install goes.

Tim

No comments: