Wednesday, April 08, 2009

EZ Drummer loaded and other updates

Hey all,

Well, last night I got EZ Drummer loaded (by the way, the manufacturer is named Toontrack). The product started up in Pro Tools LE just fine, and does resemble "Strike" quite a bit (the Digidesign virtual drummer software). At this point, it looks like EZ Drummer has a bunch more presets/loops, but documentation reads like "custom" patterns are limited in the basic version. This may explain the larger amount of samples, versus "Strike" being more "customize" friendly. In any case, I hope to make some more progress with this program, and see if we can get some music written/played.

Also, I found the 2 CDs I had been looking for. Got the new Les Claypool solo release ("Of Fungi and Foe"), and the latest disc from British metal band Saxon. Last night I dumped them both into my iPod, for enjoying during the next day (today). Trouble is, I manually handle transfers (for numerous reasons), and apparently I didn't transfer the Saxon release to the iPod. Guess I get to do that tonight. The Les Claypool disc is a bit more odd than usual, but similiar to the previous release ("Of Whales and Woe"). If you've enjoy Les, you'll like the new one. On a side note, the new Queensryche CD is growing on me, and I'm not really warming up to the new U2 yet (this will probably be one that I'll understand in a few years).

Finally, for those Bjork fans, I have seen that she is independently releasing versions of live recordings from her most recent tour. The CD she was touring was called "Volta", and I got to see a performance in Detroit. The show was amazing, especially if you like Bjork (but interesting even if you didn't like her). There is just a DVD version, then a 2-CD and 2-DVD version, then another "Deluxe Vinyl" version. I've ordered the 2-CD and 2-DVD version. Since it's coming from overseas, I don't expect to have this for at least a month or so.

That's about it for now - too many little projects to get done. I'll update more on those, once I have some more solid information.

Later,

Tim

No comments: